Sunday, November 29, 2009

Time Out For Mom

My mom came up to help me with some projects I'd been wanting to do but couldn't get the motivation to do on my own. We spent the first day canning beans.

We did pinto and black beans.

While we were working on the beans she helped me make an apron. I haven't done much sewing and wasn't sure how to use the pattern and how to put it all together.

I think it turned out pretty cute.

The next day we headed up to Noelle's house to do some more beans and make freezer jam.
Noelle and Stacy stirring the jam.

We made strawberry/peach, peach/mango/strawberry, and peach/strawberry.

The next day my mom, Kristi, Stacy, Noelle, and I headed to Salt Lake for a women's conference called Time Out For Women. It was Friday evening and most the day Saturday. It was so fabulous. The speakers were outstanding, inspirational, and even really funny. Jenny Oaks Baker, a violinist, performed on Friday evening and Hillary Weeks, a singer, performed on Saturday. They were both so amazing. Their music was beautiful and the spirit was so strong. It really was a Time Out and I really enjoyed spending time with my mom and sisters. I'm so blessed to have such an awesome family. We missed Heather and Kera but hopefully we can do it again some time and they'll be able to come.


Me, mom, Noelle, Stacy, & Kristi

1 comment:

Jed said...

What a good lookin' bunch.