Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Birthdays, birthdays, and more birthdays!

As soon as Christmas is over we start celebrating birthdays at our house.
Addi's is first on Jan. 14. She turned 6 this year. We got up early to open presents before dad had to go to work.


Later that day she had a Princess birthday party. First the girl's got to decorate Princess crowns.



After decorating their crowns we turned on a Princess movie and they took turns getting glitter toes. I didn't get any pictures because I was trying to make sure we got all those toes done.

Then they played "Kiss the Frog."



Then on to the presents!


Instead of a birthday cake Addi wanted each of the girls to decorate their own cupcake. I was thrilled with that idea because all I had to do was bake the cupcakes.




Jensen's birthday was next on Jan. 24. She turned 13 this year which means I now have three teenagers. Scary! She chose to invite her friend Emily to go with us to the new Provo Beach Resort. Lexi, Emily, and Jensen chose to go on the Ropes Course first. Oakley and Addi decided it looked too high and scary so we decided to bowl.



After the girls had spent some time on the ropes course they decided they wanted to bowl also so we all bowled a game together.
Jensen bowling, look at that form!

Emily

Lexi

Oakley

Addi

When we were done bowling we all went to Wingers for dinner.

We let our kids get their first cell phone when they turn 13 so Jensen got to go with her dad a few days before her birthday (because he was going to be gone on her birthday) to pick one out.


She wanted to have crepes for her birthday dessert and since Matt was going to be gone on her birthday we had them the night before her birthday. Since her birthday was on a Monday I got some cupcakes for Family Home Evening treat and we put a candle in hers and sang to her.



She also got to open one other present on her birthday. See how excited she is!

It's turkey bacon! Yeah, I know, who knew turkey bacon was so exciting?

Lexi's birthday was after Jensen's on Feb. 11 and she turned 15. She wanted me to check her and a friend out of school and take them to lunch and shopping at the mall (does that sound like a 15 year old or what?!). She wanted Better Than Pokemon Cake (or Robert Redford or whatever you call it ;) for her birthday dessert. I made two and we took one of them to drumline and surprised her with it and sang happy birthday to her. I think I got a couple of pictures but I can't figure out how to get them off of the camera and onto the computer so I'll have to add them later.

And later this week on Feb. 17 is Matt's birthday. Thankfully after that we are done with birthdays at our house until June.

1 comment:

Danelle said...

I love your Kiss the Frog game. I've made a number of homemade games, similar to that, but never thought of the frog kissing. Cute! We've done Pin the Tail on Eeyore, Pin the Nose on Elmo, Pin the Bat Symbol on Batman...all kinds of others. Fun stuff.