Monday, January 5, 2009

New Year's Resolutions

Tonight for Family Home Evening we talked about the importance of goals and each set some New Year's Resolutions. I am posting them on our blog to help keep us honest and so we can check back at the end of the year and see how we did. Check up on us from time to time and see how we're doing.

FAMILY GOALS
1. Read scriptures and say family prayers every day.
2. Have FHE every week.
3. Find ways to save money

MATT
Actually Matt is in Wyoming today so he wasn't here to set some goals but I'll see if I can get him to set some and I'll post them later.

ME
1. Attend the temple at least once a month and try to go twice.
2. Get muscles by toning 3 times a week (I want to be able to do at least 20 real push-ups by the end of the year).
3. Lose the jiggle (anyone who's done Turbo Jam knows what I mean :) by doing the above and cardio at least twice a week.

KOLTON
1. Get my eagle.
2. Get a 4.0.

ALEXI
1. Read my scriptures and say my prayers daily.
2. Work on my Personal Progress.

JENSEN
1. Try to finish The Book of Mormon.
2. Say my prayers every night.
3. Work on my scrapbook.
4. Save more of my money.
5. Work on my Faith in God.

OAKLEY
1. Clean my room.
2. Be nice to everyone.
3. Help more.

ADDISON
1. Sleep in my own bed every night all night (okay, she didn't actually set this goal, I did but maybe it'll happen :) She tries to climb into bed with us in the middle of the night most nights and when we don't let her she goes and climbs into Lexi's bed.

1 comment:

Lindsi Jo said...

I am totally down with doing some type of reward every month. I have a lot of goals that I am setting, but I am still working on the details. My excercise goal is that I want to workout every week day and get back to what I was before Brooklyn and hopefully more toned. I am at my normal weight but my body doesn't look the same, so I just want to get my body toned up. I will get back to you when I have the details figured out.