Sunday, June 14, 2009

Summer's here (or would be if it'd stop raining and warm up!!!)

At the end of May Oakley started t-ball. He has a lot of fun but he doesn't understand the game yet. He's never sure where to throw the ball. This age is so fun to watch.





Last week Addi had her spring dance program. They did a dance to a song about Little Red Riding Hood. She looked so adorable and she loved her costume.


Waiting for the program to start.






Addi's the third one from the left. I recorded this at the dress rehearsal that morning. Addi seemed to forget some of the dance. She did a lot better at the program. It's so much fun to watch her and she really enjoys dance.

After the program with Oakley.


A while ago I started thinking it would be fun to do a cake decorating class with Lexi and Jensen. I didn't want to drive up to Provo every week so I set up a class at our house. I know a lady who teaches classes at Roberts' Craft and has a business decorating cakes and she agreed to teach the class. I also found some other women who wanted to take the class. This past week was our second class. We each picked a cake that we wanted to try to make.

Lexi with her cake.

Jensen icing her cake.

Everyone hard at work.

Noelle and Stacy working on their cakes. We were all sick by the end of the night because we all kept eating the icing.

Heather decorating her cake.

Our finished products.


The girl's are on swim team again this year. They got moved up to the advanced team the first week. The only bad thing is that it is at 7:00 every morning Monday thru Friday. Way too early for summer. On Saturday was their first swim meet. It was freezing! How ridiculous that it was June 13 and everyone had jackets and sweatshirts on. Some of the swimmers even had sleeping bags they would climb into between events. I really hope it starts to warm up because I'm so sick of this weather!!! Rani and Jenn you would love it.


Lexi competed in the freestyle and the breaststroke.




Jensen competed in the freestyle and the backstroke.






3 comments:

Jenn C. said...

You must be the best mother ever to have your kids so involved in so many things! What fun!

Nan said...

I don't envy you having to get your kids off at 7:00 every morning. And how fun is it that you guys are doing a cake decorating class at your home?! The only problem is someone has got to eat all those cakes after you decorate them, right?

Marilyn said...

You're right Nan, luckily I don't really like cake. The other night when we cut into them I tried a small piece of each one but I only ate a couple of bites of each and ended up throwing the rest of my pieces away. I told Matt it would be a good thing for me to learn because if I enjoy doing it I'll want to make cake for dessert but won't be tempted to eat it:) See, I'm not so stupid.