Thursday, July 9, 2009

And June goes out in a whirlwind!

The last two weeks of June kind of flew by in a blur.
Oakley and Addi took swimming lessons. They both did really good. Addi loves the water and has no fear, which is kind of scary for me because you have to watch her constantly. Luckily she's starting to swim so hopefully she'll get better throughout the summer and I won't have to worry about her as much. Oakley is a lot more cautious. He's also starting to swim though and not as afraid of the water as he used to be.





One day Oakley and Addi really wanted to do a Lemonade stand. Jensen and her friend Makadie agreed to help them. They did make about $6 but most of it was my money. Addi kept running in and asking for more money to buy herself or her friends lemonade.


One big event in June wasKolton's 16th birthday. I know SCARY!!! Not only is he old enough to drive but worse, he's old enough to date! Of course he's nothing like my brothers who had no interest in dating. The Saturday before his birthday we had a bbq with his friends. They ate and played games and watched a movie.



The night of Kolton's birthday we took the family to The Pizza Factory for dinner. They made him a free pizza shaped like a 16. You can see how excited he was about it:).


The day after Kolton's birthday I hit a deer. I knew there was no way that I was going to miss hitting it so I must have looked away because I don't remember seeing it hit. When I looked up this is what I saw. There were little shards of glass all over me and the car. Luckily I wasn't hurt at all just shaking like a leaf. It must have jumped and only hit the window because there weren't any dents anywhere on the hood. I'm very grateful it didn't go through the window and land in my lap.


The next day was Oakley's 6th birthday. We got up early to open presents because the girl's had swim team at 7:00, Kolton had Driver's Ed at 7:00 and Matt had to leave for work. Oakley got a frog and bug habitat. We're hoping to find a pet store that sells tadpoles so he can watch them grow into frogs. I did order some but they don't ship until Nov. If anyone knows where I might find some let me know.

He also got a kit that makes martians. He loves it. The kids have had tons of fun making martians.

For Kolton's birthday I wrapped his present in the Sunday newspaper comics. Oakley loved it and asked me to wrap his the same. Not a bad way to recycle, huh?


Kolton was a nice brother and saved the 6 from his 16 pizza for Oakley to eat on his birthday.

A couple of days after Oakley's birthday he had a party.


I made these monster cupcakes for his party. I was so excited with how cute they turned out.


One thing I love about summer birthday's are that the parties are super easy. I bought this blow-up water slide to use for the party. We did the party backwards and opened presents and had cupcakes and then I sent all the kids outside to play in the water for the rest of the time. It was well worth the money.


Jensen even went outside to play with them and watch them so I didn't have to stay out with them. I was able to come in the house and get stuff done. I love having older kids!


We had our last two cake decorating classes the last week in June. For the first one we learned how to make fondant and how to work with it. We made all these cute flowers. Fondant is so much fun! It's like play-doh for adults.


For our last class we could pick whatever cake or cupcakes we wanted to try.
Noelle made this super cute fondant covered cake!

This is Stacy's adorable cake covered with fondant flowers.


Lexi, Jensen, and I made these 4th of July cupcakes. I loved how they turned out. They were so fun to make! I hope we can keep using what we learned and get better.

Heather made these awesome flower cupcakes


Our last cake class was on a Sat. so after we were done with it we did our Food Storage Sat. Actually, this time we did an emergency preparedness class. Stacy helped us all make an emergency car kit




Noelle, modeling the finished kit.


All in all we had a super busy but awesome June!

No comments: