Sunday, May 17, 2009

Running with angels

I got a text from Noelle last week asking me to run a 5k with her. I made some excuses and said I couldn't. The next day I got another text from her saying that mom and dad were going to run with her and she was registering me and I'd be home in plenty of time to plant a garden so I didn't have any excuses. Needless to say I ran the 5k. I was really glad that I did. I did a lot better than I expected. I haven't run much all winter and just the last 3 weeks started training so I could run in the 5k on the 4th of July. I finished faster than I though I would and ran almost the entire way. It was a beautiful run, through the gardens of Thanksgiving Point.
Lexi had spent the night at Noelle's house to babysit and decided the morning of the race that she wanted to do it with us. She hadn't brought her running shoes so she borrowed some of Noelle's. The only problem is that they were a size 6 1/2 and Lexi wears a size 8. OUCH!

Noelle did awesome and finished in 29 min. 21 seconds.

Lexi's feet started hurting her pretty bad so about half-way through she decided to take off the shoes and run in her socks. She did great and kept up with me the entire time. We finished in
35 min. 20 sec.

My mom and dad ran the entire way and finished a couple of minutes behind us.
THEY ROCK!!!

Thanks Noelle.

2 comments:

Jenn C. said...

You look fantastic! Good job on finishing. What a tropper you have in Lexi - impressive!

Marilyn said...

Thanks! I think Lexi could be a really good runner, she has the body for it. I hope she can get into it and make it a lifetime habit. It'll keep me motivated so that I can get her to run 5k's with me.